The Sudbury Companies of Militia & Minute - or
Sudbury Militia - is a non-profit, educational group of colonial reenactors,
also known as historical interpreters.
The group was formed in 1964 by several Sudbury residents as a pastime and to celebrate American Heritage. And we continue to flourish hosting and taking part in many events annually.
While you may see us reenacting or speaking at many one-time public or television events, the Companies annually sponsor the following events:
- Sunday greetings at Longfellow's Wayside Inn
- Twelfth Night Ball (January)
- April 19th march to Concord
- Regimental Ball Contra Dance (April)
- Memorial Day Parade - Sudbury
- 4th of July Parade - Sudbury
- Colonial Faire and Muster of Fyfes & Drums (late September)
- Battle of the Red Horse Tavern (late October)