The Sudbury Companies of Militia & Minute are historical interpreters of the Colonial Period, more specifically for the American Revolution around 1775 in the locale of Sudbury, Massachusetts. The modern-day Sudbury Companies of Militia and Minute seek to preserve the American heritage and educate the public through reenactments, performances, speaker events, a monthly muster, a Colonial Faire, parades, and other educational, fun events. The group was formed in 1964 by several Sudbury residents as a pastime and to celebrate American Heritage. And we continue to flourish hosting and taking part in many events annually. We are a non-profit organization governed by our bylaws.
While you may see us reenacting or speaking at many one-time public events, the Companies annually sponsor the following events:
- Sunday greetings at Longfellow's Wayside Inn
- Monthly meetings at Longfellow's Wayside Inn (September - June)
- Twelfth Night Ball (January)
- April 19th march to Concord
- Regimental Ball Contra Dance (June)
- Memorial Day Parade - Sudbury
- 4th of July Parade - Sudbury
- Colonial Faire and Muster of Fyfe & Drum (late September)
The public is always welcome. Join!